STARRY NIGHT Antique Button Necklace - Mixed Metal
This mixed metal antique button necklace is cast in bronze from two original Victorian buttons with moon and star symbols. The crescent moon, symbol of the Greek Goddess Artemis and personified by the Goddess Selene, who drives a chariot across the sky, illuminating the air before her with her glowing crown. Symbols from Greek and other ancient history were popular in England after many 18th century travelers brought back art and artifacts from Europe and as far as Egypt on the Grand Tour.
Antique button pendant hangs inside a pair of hammered sterling silver circles.
- solid sterling silver chain
- button measures 1/2" wide
- hammered halo circles hang 3" from chain
- Circles measure 1 1/8" and 1 1/2" wide
- Stamped Compass Rose original